CMS PORSCHE 915 TRANSMISSION REBUILD
The most commonly reported problem in the 915 continues to be 1st and 2nd gear, however if your gearbox has never seen major service it's likely going to take more than a set of synchros and a gasket kit to freshen up. Often times there are problems lurking that you may not be aware of. With as old as these transaxles are the amount of repair work and parts one must put into them continues to grow.
Some common problems that we find upon disassembly:
- Damaged/worn 5th/reverse hub and slider
- Twisted splines on main shaft
- Worn out/burnt up 5th gears
- Worn out/damaged reverse gears
- Worn out 2nd and 3rd gears
- Bearings spun in case bores
- Worn out ring and pinion
- Worn out shift forks
- Broken 2nd gear stops on main shaft
Our base labor rate is $1595 - plus parts - to properly overhaul your 915 transmission. We can assist with shipping if necessary.